Thursday 26 March 2015

26th, March, 2015: Exam Prep and I GOT THE JOB!

26th, March, 2015: Exam Prep and I GOT THE JOB!
So Monday:
Paige was actually in a good mood today; so everything went gooooood. She wasn`t as awkward as she was on Friday night, which was good because it made the classroom feel way more comfortable then on Friday.
So we also had the worst teacher ever called Ruth. Once again she was rude and told us to shut up so we had a very awkward 2 hours of her walking around and trying to joke around with us and talk to us when we where already annoyed with her. Even when she came over to me i said nothing but "Yeah" and that was it. 

Tuesday:
Had to free lessons, so i only had an hour lie in. Booked an appointment at the doctors and then went into sixth form. To be honest not much happened again, it was quite boring ad i just ate some biscuits in my likkle corner... :3
I also went around to David`s for a bit in the afternoon, and he just happens to have the newest Naruto game. He seriously annoyed me with this, he knew how to do everything but he let me figure it out for myself and it was horrible. He beat me abut 21 times and i won 3, but i also cheated on 1 so i guess it was 2 really... 
Wednesday: So i got a call from Hannah from B&M just to remind me of what i need to take and what they will expect from me whilst i work there. So that made me quite nervous as she was already expecting me to do all of these things; obviously i already knew what to take but it was a little bit weird how they wanted my bank details, ID and National insurance number already.
Again, nothing much happened. I got in trouble for walking out of our PD lesson because the teacher was 15 minutes late and i had stuff i wanted to do, but she walked in just after me and three others left so we got in a little bit of trouble at the end of the day when it came to signing out.
I don`t see why she got so annoyed when all i wanted to do was go and work on exam prep instead of wasting my time doing a PD lesson where all we do is action plan... How am i supposed to action plan outside of the art studio? I can`t recall everything i`ve done or what i haven`t done and then write it down. All i do is art so it`ll only be a few lines anyway, so i don`t see the point in sitting there for an hour and being bored out of my head the whole time; just like the intensive learning week really.
Then i stayed behind for a bit and got some 3d-ish pattern repeat work done for the background of my main exam piece. 



Interview Outfit!
Thursday: So today was the day of the interview.
I went into Sixth form for about an hour and then signed out, i left at 9:30 and get there for my interview at 9:43 when my interview was at 10am. so i had to wait a while because Hannah hadn`t actually started her shift yet, so whilst i was waiting i just stood and spoke to the woman who worked at the Kiosk called Amy... (There are too many Amy`s in Ilkeston).

So the Interview went really well; she was really nice and wasn`t as scary as i thought she would be, very welcoming and helpful too. I feel like it was very informal actually, she asked a few personal questions and then questions that the company sets for her. I had to fill out tons of forms all with personal and private information on, so that was boring as hell and tiring.
Then when the interview had ended she said to go and wait back down at the Kiosk whilst everyone else arrived for the Induction session that was going to last about 3-4 hours.
I asked the woman at the kiosk a little about the Induction; she said that if they`re doing that with me then i will defiantly have the job. Which made me seriously happy as this job is going to be my first ever official job! So i`m extremely excited to start, but i`m very tired after today. 
So the induction did take about 4 hours to complete, so i had only been in Sixth Form for the hour that was first thing in the morning. There was 7 other people there, two others where going to be working on tills like me, one was on the Kiosk, two where on face up and then the other two where in the warehouse dealing with stock. So we all sat around and did the induction and training, i have to admit that i got a lot of questions wrong so i was a little embarrassed by that... Oops!
Then we where taken on a tour of the building and shown where we can find everything, where we`ll be working and who we will be working with for the day. So if the Induction hadn`t taken so long then that would of been wayyy better, i was very tired afterwards and my energy had kind of drained from me completely. 
But i`m really happy because i have a part time job now and i`ll be starting my job tomorrow, but i`ll also be going in to do some more exam prep... i`m probably going to be the only one in since it`s everyone's day off, but we are aloud to go in if we want to which is good for me! 
I am sorry for the lack of updates this week, but not much has been happening until today when i had the interview. So I do hope i can keep on uploading stuff, i don`t want to have to stop uploading and updating stuff since i now have this job, it`s only part time anyways! 
 Thursday, 26th March, 2015.    9:31pm    ~Melonhead Amy, Blogger

Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk
Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk
wattpad:   http://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Instagram:    amy_marshy_melons

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. It’s great that you felt comfortable during the interview, although it seems that the interviewer already had that in mind, seeing as she kept it rather informal to ease you into it. Congrats on your part time job, and we hope that you really flourish in that.

    Waylon Grimm @ All Force Labour Solutions

    ReplyDelete