Saturday 2 April 2016

2nd, April; How`s the new job?

Hello, and welcome back to how boring my life is when I`m not at sixth form!

I`ve now started my new job properly, I had my induction shift on Tuesday and I`ve had a late shift and an early shift back to back which have absolutely killed me! It doesn`t seem like it at first, but it seriously tiring and I`m lucky I went out and got a new set of memory foam trainers before I started, if I had used my shoes from B&M then my feet would be extremely sore and swollen right now.

I`ve been shadowing this lovely girl called Jenny who`s a bit older than me, and she`s been showing me everything there is that I`ll need to know. I`ve also got a late shift notebook and an early shift notebook, there is sooo much stuff that I need to keep note of at the moment and I don`t feel like I`m getting anywhere with it all right now, there`s just too much to take in at the moment and I`ve only just covered one side of the care home. I`m going to be shadowing another woman tomorrow morning actually called Debbie, I haven`t even met her yet but I hope she`s going to cover the other side of the care home tomorrow because I haven`t even been down there yet and met the residents who live down there.
In total there`s about 60 residents there at the moment, so every morning that's 60 beds that need changing, 60 people who need drinks and 60 people that need to be fed three times a day and it must be absolute chaos for the carers... And that`s why I`m there! My job at the moment is only a homes assistant job but that means I do everything that the carers and senior members of staff don`t have time to do, and if I didn`t do that then nobody else would be able to work properly.
The managers are also amazing, since I`m working along side sixth form and then University so they`re letting me work two weekends a month so I still have two weekends to myself where I can relax and get any other bits of coursework done. Also, they`re paying for all of my training; the first certificate I`m getting is simply called the Care Certificate and it allows me to work in care without supervision and usually you would have to pay to do it yourself, but the home is paying for me.

I`ve also got a training day on the 20th of April, It`s adult protection and they run a lot of training days which they pay for, and then you get paid for attending the training day.
Even though I`ve only done three days of work there, I`m seriously enjoying it and I`m seriously happy to be there. The residents are so sweet and lovely, there`s just one who is so sweet and she walks around the home without a care in the world and I just want to take her home and cuddle her and give her biscuits... She`s that sweet and lovely.
Even though you`re working with people who have Dementia and Alzheimer's and a lot of them are severely ill, you would think it would make you feel quite depressed and sad to be around them... Even though what I just said probably sounds terrible to you, Working with them has made me the happiest I`ve been in a while actually; they are just so happy all of the time and talk to you about their memories of being in the army, or when they where at school and It`s just so nice to look at them smile whilst they talk about their old friends and memories.
I know it`s a terrible illness and it probably sounds like I`m glorifying it slightly, but even when suffering from something so terrible I`ve seen the brighter side of it all and I quite like it.
Very, very happy Amy right now! Plus I get
to buy nice new clothes when I get paid at the end
of the month!

Since I also did a Late shift (got home about 10pm) and then did an early shift the next morning (I had to get up at 6am) and I had been doing all of that running around, I was shattered yesterday and ended up doing nothing all afternoon, todays been my day off which means I`ve been able to work on my care certificate, upload this quick blog update and get an art post and anime post ready for upload.

Very tired, but I`m back to work and on an early shift tomorrow so I best wake up a little bit!




Live Diary Blog: http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/

Art Blog: http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/

Anime Reviews: http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:
https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Redbbble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/amywatkinson
Deviantart: https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/

Instagram: amy_marshy_melons

No comments:

Post a Comment