Sunday 20 March 2016

19th, March; A Wave Of Good Luck!

My sketchbook is completely up to date with every piece of
work I`ve done so far! Finally I can get on with some
practically work.
Even though it was my birthday on Tuesday, you would of thought that I would sit and blog about that for an hour or so. But nope, and I might not even moan about intensive learning week aswell!


On the Monday I got loads of work done and managed to get a lot of preparation work done for this week when I have all of my art lessons back like normal. Tuesday, when we where supposed to be helping out with lessons, I only helped for two hours and then I went back and worked on my last final piece as I was only one mark off of an A grade and then I spent Wednesday and Thursday adding the final touches to it and now it`s actually bang on an A grade! So yay for me!

Friday was a whole day of free study and I managed to catch-up with all of my sketchbook work and now that`s completely finished and up to date so I know longer have to worry about having to do catch up work in there. When no one is in at sixth form aswell I get to use the heat gun without moaning; whenever you use it, you have to have the fire doors wide open and the windows open otherwise it sets off the fire alarms... Like last year when we where using it and the whole school ended up having to leave the buildings, so yeah.
At the moment I`m seriously happy about getting that A grade! I don`t even need it though since I`m at University in September...  But yayyy!

David, at the moment, is also really struggling with his confidence building within his work and it`s gotten to the point where he doesn`t think he`ll fit in at University or his work won`t be good enough for his University course. He originally did have a deviantart account called PhantomScribe, but he never uploaded anything it after his computer broke and his phone was being funny when it came to uploading pictures... So I made him a new account! It`s called DavidCPBattle, since I had no idea as to what he wanted to be called and I`m now in charge of scanning in all of his work and uploading his stuff in his name. He does have the login details so he can access the account aswell, but he mainly does that to see what people think of his work and to respond to all of the feedback. Hopefully it works well and it helps him with his confidence a little bit, I hope it does anyway because scanning all of his stuff in takes a while! At the moment, it`s a lot of Panda drawings and quite a few creepy themed drawings; the creepy kind of ones are for this current project, it`s about the transformation of urban myths and creatures so there`s some weird stuff coming up shortly.
David has also given me permission to upload his work onto designs on Redbubble, any money earned from those will go straight to David!

I do have a bit of good news aswell about the job search; even though I`ve applied for a bunch of them in the past month or so. I haven`t heard back from anyone apart from this one place where my mum works, she works in a care home in West Hallam called Bramble Lodge and they care for elderly people who suffer from Dementia and Alzheimer's. They`ve been looking for a part time care assistant at the weekends, it`s only two weekends a month and I`ve had no training in being a care assistant, but my mums boss has kindly says she`s going to put me through all of it when I start working there. I`m looking forward to starting, I start quite quickly actually on the 29th of March for my induction day, then I`ve got two shifts after that to start me off slowly, then I get added to the rota officially and start working there! So I`m really happy about starting there, and how quickly they`ve give me a place.
I`m going to keep on looking for a second job aswell, just fir during the week and in the evenings so I can earn a bit extra before I head off to University.
I`ll be working two weekends a month which will get me about £170 a month, some of it is going to go to my mum and then I`ll leave some to go into a jar for savings and then the rest can just be for spending on things I need at the time. Hopefully I make a few friends whilst I`m working there too, I know a few people who work there at the moment so hopefully they like me... I hope.


Live Diary Blog: http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog: http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews: http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:
https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Redbbble: http://www.redbubble.com/people/amywatkinson
Deviantart: https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/

Instagram: amy_marshy_melons

No comments:

Post a Comment