Saturday 30 January 2016

30th January: New Projects And New Work!

Finally finished with the mental health project now!
So the bordem has finally gone now...

The teachers have given us the next project for Art which means I can finally find something new to do! We are supposed to be getting it on Monday, but at the moment the guys on my side of the room have finally finished everything as a lot of people weren`t n on Friday, no idea why though. So at the moment there are only 7 of us who know what the next brief is and luckily we`ve all come up with ideas for out projects straight away.

However, the year 12`s aren`t happy with the project that they`ve been given, there`s is Transformations. We`ve clearly got the best one, it`s either Truth, Fantasy or Fiction, you can choose which one you want to focus on and then start working! So I`m super pumped now because I`ve had an idea as to what I`ve wanted to do for the last month or so and I`m going to be really annoyed if anyone else does something like what I want to do, since I`ve been waiting for so long.

This time I`m not going for a personal project and I`m going to do something that can either be bright and happy or eye opening. Right now, it`s something controversial, if you haven`t heard about all of these whales washing up on beaches then you probably live under a rock. My project is going to be Truth, The decay of mother nature and how we effect the planet. I still can`t think of a good starting point, I`m looking at artists at the moment and I`m trying to find something inspirational that I can work from.
A woman that I absolutely love is Hannah Pixie Sykes, she`s amazing and does lots of anti-animal testing and stuff for the environment. I love her drawings and designs, even the little doodles that I see her upload onto Instagram are amazing and I would love to try and get some designs like hers done, I need some practice at them this weekend and then I think I`ll try and turn some of them into prints.
Another artist is Chris Jordan, he`s a photographer who is most famous for his images of dead birds with plastic inside of them, he shows how we are killing nature because of our waste and the life choices that we make. I want to start to produce some more photography work, but I`m not quite sure how I would make my photography seem influenced by him and the style that he uses.

Obviously I`m going to start off with some basic drawings, but so far I`ve been trying to capture pure nature. Like this cute image of growing leaves covered in frost, it`s pure, it`s fresh and it`s growing amongst dying bushes, it was one of the only growing things in an area I walk past in the morning on my way to sixth form.
So right now, I need to get a good mix of places or things that humans waste on a day to day basis and a good mix of nature around us growing and dying because of us.
I`m looking forward to getting started on this one, I can`t remember what everyone else has chosen to do but I want to see everyone else`s take on the words that we`ve been given.

Having three people called Amy all
going out to a meal together isn`t
the best idea in the world.
Not much else has happened over the week, I`ve worked with Anna Roebuck, a local artist who works with recycled materials. You can see the update on the Art Blog! I met up with a bunch of old friends and we went out for dinner for my friend Iseboas 18th birthday, I haven`t seen Iseboa since October. We both get pretty busy with stuff actually, she attends Derby College and is on an art course, but it`s not full time so when she gets days off in the week I`m always at sixth form so I don`t see her.
Natalie, I haven`t seen her since the fair, Charlie I haven`t seen since I worked at B&M, Amy Wagstaffe I haven`t seen since year 7! So it was good to see them all again, and it obviously good to go out and annoy her mother, as that is what I always do to her mother... I`m a lovely friend.
We`re all good friends, but we don`t have to talk to each other every single day to know that. It could be months before we each other again, but none of us mind since we have our own busy lives now.

Live Diary Blog: http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog: http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews: http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:
https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Deviantart: https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram: amy_marshy_melons

No comments:

Post a Comment