Wednesday 13 January 2016

13th January: Derby University update and Nottingham Trent interviews.

I`ve printed four more of my drypoint prints, the only
difference is that I made some marks in the background so
it doesn`t look too plain.
So, I finally heard back from Derby University and I`ve never felt so happy before! I`ve received a conditional offer from them onto their Fine Art course and a Conditional offer onto the foundation year course.
I just need 300 Tariff points to definitely get accepted on to their course, so now I have to kind of wait until results day... Or I could be nosey and annoy my teachers until I get a response from them, which I will most probably do.

Today I had my only two interviews at Nottingham Trent University, they where nice enough to put my two interviews back to back on the same day which saved me loads of travelling time and money. The first interview was at 10am, all I had to do was get the bus into Derby with my mum, my anxiety has really spiked over the past few weeks so I knew that if she wasn`t there I would either stay on the bus or not even got on it. So mother dearest who is my little rock and shoulder to cry on came with me into Nottingham, then went shopping and went home. So I made my own way home, whilst almost getting lost in Nottingham... I only wanted the bloody bus.
I then had my next interview at 2pm, which meant I was going to spend the whole day there.

At first I just didn`t speak to anyone there at all, and there where only four of us in the Fine Art interview. We had a lovely student ambassador called Hannah who showed us around. I`m definitely impressed with the spaces that they have there, but the only problem is that they let so many people on to their courses that all of the room is filled up instantly. They do have other studio spaces around for other working environments, but because of the amount of people on the course just everywhere is full of work. The only other problems that I have is that we I never got to see all of the other big facilities until I had my interview later on, so what we saw was very limited to just studio spaces really. The areas that I got to see later on are a while away from the actual studio spaces, which means that I`ll have to take my work down there to then work on, then come back up to put it back to my place.
I don`t know what to think of the interview really, I feel like the head of the Fine art wasn`t all too impressed with the fact that I don`t do contemporary art and that I only had 2D work in my portfolio. She also didn`t like the fact that I hadn`t been to many gallery exhibitions, I`ve been to the Tate Modern twice, the National Portrait gallery and Alexander Mcqueens savage Beauty exhibition; then I mentioned to the ones I`ve been too in Wales and whilst I`ve travelled, but she was saying that if anything I need to visit a lot more galleries... I would if I had the time really...



So after the interview, which was quite short, I went back down to the reception and sat with a Textiles students mum; I just sat with her for half an hour and talked about how her daughter was doing at college, where they are originally from and why this University. The other Student Ambassador for the next interview showed us around all of the printing and machine based rooms, which has made me feel terrible since the girls on the Fine Art interview never got to see all of the techy stuff like I did... I consider myself lucky for having both of those interviews in one day. It wasn't much really, a quick interview, another look around and trying to socialize with the other students that where having their interviews too, there was only 6 of us for the Decorative Arts course.
I have to sadly admit, that nothing was overwhelmingly brilliant and nothing that stood out really. Apart from the students that had showed us around, no one really spoke to us and everyone seemed quite miserable; I`m not quite sure as to what I think about the place right now, nothing really stood out, the kids where miserable and made no effort and the lecturers seemed quite nice. They had good facilities, but because of the number of students I don`t know if it`s right for me.

I`ve got to wait ten working days to hear anything back from them, so I`ve still got some time to wait before I really need to think about my options and where I would prefer to go.
It`s just a waiting game now!

I`ve gotten into the habit
of waking up rather late
for Sixth form...
Live Diary Blog: http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog: http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews: http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:
https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Deviantart: https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram: amy_marshy_melons

No comments:

Post a Comment