Wednesday 28 October 2015

28th, October; Shed2Studios Artist experience!

I did wash this art shirt,
But as you can see nothing has
come out... oops!
28th, October; Shed2Studios Artist experience! 

So I`ve been in contact with a designer and artist from Shed2Studios called Dawn Turner, I`ve wanted to go in and see her for a while or try and get some kind of work done with her. But because of my sixth form and work at the weekends, so for the past two days I`ve been in at the studio doing a bit of work with her and I`ve literally learnt so much from her about the business and about producing some of her work.
(I know i just updated about ink Kings, I was supposed to do that on Friday but haven`t had time).

So on Tuesday I was seriously nervous, I`ve been exchanging E-mails with her for a while now and talking about when i could possibly go in and see her work... So it`s a bit strange going and seeing someone face to face when you`ve actually been speaking for a while.




So she was quite busy when I first went in and I felt quite bad because I kind of stood and watched for a while until she could explain what was happening. It was quite confusing and I can`t remember as to what it was that she was using exactly, but you can use it to create a negative space for glass to melt into; so basically a mold and you can use the bits that you cut out too which imprints in the glass and pushes the shape through.
It`s really interesting, and the designs she was using are cute little snowflakes that she`s turning into glass Christmas decorations. Two different sets are going to two different galleries and they`ll keep around about 50% of the money earned from selling Dawn`s work.
(I can`t remember the names of them, but one is rather fancy and last year they ran out of Dawn`s work in two days!)

Dawn gave me a small tour around the studio, it was a lot larger than i thought and the ceiling itself was quite high meaning that Travis` huge wooden boards could fit in there easily. Travis is an artist who basis his work around wood and is currently working for the boss of Superdry, but he thought that it didn`t sound to impressive when it bloody is.
Ewan is the photography and takes some amazing images but I`ve only met him once and it was only briefly as he was photographing another artists work so she can sell them on, her work alone was amazing aswell.
Tom, now he`s practically a hoarder... His small area is stacked with old random things that people where just going to throw away and he then makes recycled objects out of them or recycled equipment; so it is very interesting but he`s a complete and utter hoarder!
Jeff designs guitars, and is currently off to Berlin (i think), for an exhibition or to sell a few of his guitars over there (if I`ve remembered that correctly). his work is amazing and some of the patterns he can make for the guitars are absolutely stunningly beautiful!
Seeing dawn`s work and a lot of her university work has been a real eye opener for me, I`m now even thinking about choosing a Decorative Art course instead of Art Therapy. Just seeing all of the roots you can go down with Decorative arts has made me think about my future just a little bit more and now I`m even considering asking Dawn for some sort of lesson on glass sculpting or creating these stunning pieces of work.

The candle made it look super
cute, It`s on the shelf in the
living room now!
So today, (Wednesday) dawn showed me some more hands on stuff because on the Tuesday there was a lot of organizing of glass and trying to get some molds ready for the decorations she needs for these galleries.
She`s been trying out these candle holders by using molds for the glass to slouch on, she`s tried doing the frosting on them before putting them in the kiln and she has one that she hadn`t tested out yet... Soooo, lucky Amy got the chance to make her own little christmasy styled candle holder!
I also got to use the sand blaster which was terrifying as the compressor kept on making me jump as it was right behind me, but I`m stupidly proud of myself for making this little glass holder! It`s the first time I`ve ever done anything with glass and probably the only time before I go off to University, I might be slightly cheeky and ask If I could possibly do any extra work with her... Hehe.

I`ll leave the link down here (somewhere), All of their work is really amazing and I`ve loved being there for the past two days, I may also go in on Friday depending on what Dawn is doing and I might ask if their are any other days that I could possibly go in and help out with; It`s worth to at least have a look at their work... it`s strange thinking that there`s all of these different styles under one roof and they all chip in and help each other out quite a bit, very interesting.
So here`s the link to their website: http://www.shed2.co.uk
Here`s the link to their faceboook page: https://www.facebook.com/shed2studios/?fref=ts

I got these amazing high waisted
jeans from ebay cause H&M`s
website wasn`t working... I prefer these! 
Like always, go and take a look at all of the other blogs and ways to get in touch with me and my deviantart account is being updated very regularly at the moment aswell!

Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:    http://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons
DeviantArt:   http://amywatkinson.deviantart.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment