Tuesday 27 October 2015

27th, October; Ink Kings Work Experience Week.

These new leggings
though :3
27th, October; Ink Kings Work Experience Week.

So last Tuesday I began a week of work experience, well four days of work experience at a local Tattoo Parlor called Ink Kings... It was amazing!

Because I`m not 18 yet, I couldn`t really do much... I couldn`t be near the tattooists when they where tattooing and I wasn`t aloud past a certain point when there was tattooing aswell. So it was a little bit frustrating, and I might go back there when I`m actually 18 so I can observe the tattooing process and help them set up.

so for my four days there I was mainly doing quite a bit of receptionist work, to be honest I did feel quite useless for the first day of being there. There wasn`t much that I could do apart from answer the phone and chat away to the customers whilst they where waiting.

Steve, Tony and Maria where amazingly friendly and helped me out quite a bit for the week that i was there.

Tony is the owner of Ink Kings:
The work he mainly does is just with black ink, he`s had years and years of experience and can even tattoo without using the stencils.
This is one of the latest images that has been uploaded onto their facebook page (I`ll put the link to it at the end).
His work is amazing, and he keeps the study unbelievably clean, unless he`s had porridge... then you`ll find that everywhere in the kitchen earlier and dried bits in the bowls that he`s left out... It`s gross, I had to clean all of the bowls on my first day there and he seriously loves his porridge at lunchtime.
he really helped me out with my own work, he told me that when It`s quite I can bring in stuff to draw and he gave me some really good tips and advice on how to improve those dotted drawings that I`ve been practicing.

I basically just bugged Steve for the week:
Steve does a bit of everything, the picture that I got from the facebook page is two watercolor butterflies, I actually saw him tattoo another watercolor design whilst I was there and it looked stunning!
So when I`m 18, I`m hopefully going to go there to get my very first tattoo; I`m definitely going to Ask Tony to do it though, after winding Steve up that much I think he`ll just make it hurt more than usual on purpose.
Steve is really funny, but he doesn`t have a manlier beard than Tony... However, he does have a really cool motorbike.



Unfortunately i only got to see Maria for two days:
Her boyfriend was Ill so she wasn`t in for most of the week, as she had to babysit him for a while.
She specializes in realism work and this is one of the pieces that she did whilst I was there on the Friday. If I do have any flower tattoos at all in my life, then f*ck anywhere else I`m going to Maria!

Here`s the ink kings facebook page link:
https://www.facebook.com/InkKingsStudios?fref=ts



You can see the majority of their work on there, and people usually send in what they want tattooing to them over facebook, but here`s the link to their official webpage: http://www.ink-kings.com

I seriously enjoyed my week there, and I want to go back when i`m 18 to hopefully observe then tattooing this time. I`ve never had a good week doing work experience and last time i even got rejected, probably 11 times; So the fact that I got this placement with only a months notice was pretty good for me. If anything they guys there are at the studio and some of the funny and welcoming customers we had are what made my week better. Sure, I couldn`t do much cause I`m not 18 but the week for me was amazing and I really enjoyed.
I did get a free T-Shirt aswell, I offered to pay for it but Tony let me have it... But hey, A FREE SHIRT!
I`ve taken their advice with these
drawings, their starting to look
better. 


Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:    http://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons
DeviantArt:   http://amywatkinson.deviantart.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment