Wednesday 14 October 2015

14th, October; A Week Of, Not Much, Relaxation

The past week has been absolutely manic for everyone, the sixth form closing, the teachers losing
their jobs and us worried about what will happen to the rest of the lower years at our school.

It`s all calmed down a little bit now and everyone seems a little bit more relaxed as the week has gone on, the teachers are looking for new jobs and the majority of the year 12 students have now left and found a new place for year 12 and 13. If anything we`re all happy for them finally finding a place after different colleges and sixth forms said that they will be refusing quite a lot of the students that we had... but it`s all calm now, no more stressing out on their behalf.

Not much has been happening, we got over 500 supporters on the change.org petition that I set up, one night it was that busy that my phone just kept on freezing whenever I tried to get onto the website and I`ve been getting messages of support to carry on petitioning. But so far we`ve met with the local MP, and all shes managed to do is keep the sixth form open ONLY for year 12 BTEC art students who are doing the 2 year course.

God I love adventure time,
and a bonus... Halloween!
People are seeming in much better spirits and this week has felt a lot more positive in my class, I`d say that the only problem that we have in class now is the noise levels. especially because most of us are getting headcolds all of a sudden (I blame my work colleagues for that), so loud music, laughing and singing won`t really be helping any of us at the moment.
I`m also going to pick up my Portfolio soon so I can begin filling that with some of my work, so right now I`m getting ready for my university interviews which I am incredibly nervous for right now. I`ve filled out my UCAS form so that`s all ready, the only things left now are my personal statement and then my reference from the head of my sixth form.



Apart from all of the sixth form closure drama:
Work has been going well, I`m trying to get a few more hours of over time so I can hopefully get some more money towards Christmas time so I can get some nice presents for everyone! This will be my first year having a job and my own money to buy people presents and I`ve been trying to budget myself a bit but I only have 50p in my bank right now... Yay.

I finally figured out how to use the Sixth forms scanning system for my art work, so now on my Devinatart theres a bunch of pictures of paper marbling and some wet on wet work that I`ve been doing; So at the moment it`s all experimentation work.

Then, next Tuesday I`ll be working at a Tattoo parlor called Ink Kings. They`re one of the best around and I`ve luckily got Tuesday till Friday to work for them as the receptionist. So I`m a bit worried about the way I`ll come across to people, because this is a professional business that I`ll be working in so I`m still really nervous about going there... Even though I work in customer service at the weekends.

Some of The Paper Marbling work I`ve
Been Doing, The Rest Is Over On
Devinatart. 

Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk
Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:    http://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons
DeviantArt:   http://amywatkinson.deviantart.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment