Monday 18 July 2016

18th, July; University Coursework, And Days Out!

And once again, we are back with another quite plain update! It`s been ten days since my last update on the live diary blog; and I`ve been quite the busy bee.

For starts, in my last update I spoke about how I was excited to now be an Avon representative... However, after trying it out, there is absolutely no one possible that I can actually make money from something like Avon.

To begin with, the roads I was assigned have been pinched by two other local woman, and one who is quite aggressive has been shouting things across the street at me; making me feel rather uncomfortable. Then there`s actually receiving orders from people, no one who took a catalogue actually ordered anything! So when I did eventually find people who didn`t already have one, they didn`t want one anyway! Also, the amount of doors that where slammed in my face and some of the verbal abuse I received when I was knocking on doors, was absolutely disgusting... Like seriously disgusting. Then when I tried to order some products for one lady, they wanted me too pay full price straight away for her product, and because the order was under £15 I would have to pay extra for delivery and I wouldn`t be paid any kind of commission price for selling products.

In other words; you`re wasting your money on products, when you`re not guaranteed money from your customers, you end up working for Avon for free and you get a lot of abuse off of disgusting people who have absolutely no manners or respect for anyone whatsoever.
So in other words, f*ck you Avon.

Anyways, enough of ranting at how stupid being an Avon representative was!

The other day, I got back from buying some amazingly cute fabrics, and there was a letter from Derby University. Naturally, I got seriously excited and opened it up right away; the letter was from my course leader, Carl.
It basically just said to check my e-mails for the coursework that they want me to begin over the summer holidays, and then to e-mail him back just to confirm that I had received the work for Summer. It does look pretty interesting at the moment, and very different to what I`m used to doing at sixth form.
At the moment, I need to buy a brand new sketchbook for writing down Ideas and thoughts, but too do that, I also need to buy one of three books that they want us to read through and analyse? I think it was too analyse and annotate really. The very last thing that they wanted us to do was too find three everyday objects to bring in (as a starting point), and these objects are going to be taken apart and smashed up... I still can`t think of anything that I could take in, I was thinking of just starting with something quite basic, like hugeee light bulbs that have got all of the wires inside for me to draw out or cut up.
I still feel a bit unsure about everything, I`m going to wait until my next payday to decide on what to buy; it might be a job of going in certain charity shops and finding old items, obviously charity shops will be cheap and you can find some very vintage looking items in them. It`s just finding the time aswell, since I`ve got even more shifts to be doing during August!


As for days out; my mum, little sister, nephew and I all had a lovely day out at Shipley Park fun day. It was seriously cute!
it was all in support of guide dogs, and dog training; so naturally we took our little dog Seams with us and he loved it more than us! There was tons of stalls selling some of the cutest doggy supplies, hand made treats, hand crafted collars and coats. Naturally, sweet stalls for the little ones, hand crafted gifts, hand made bags, donut stands and hot dog stands. They even had some of their training guide dog puppies for people to meet, little sessions where you would be blind folded and the dog would guide you around crowds of people, dog training events where the dogs would dance with their owners; also, some competitions for owners and their dogs to take part in, like the waggiest tail, the fluffiest dog, and so on.
It was fun, and it was seriously hot... Meaning that I`ve got seriously sunburnt shoulders and back; so when I went to work today, it felt like my work uniform had suddenly turned into Sandpaper and it`s been killing me all day!
I have been coating myself in aftersun since I got back form work this afternoon, but it`s just gotten even redder now. I`ve got my little USB fan on whilst I`m on my laptop and I`m going to sleep with my window open so I can try and get some air to my back.

I`ll remember some form of sunscreen next time...


Live Diary Blog:   http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:   https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:   https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Redbbble:   http://www.redbubble.com/people/amywatkinson
Deviantart:    https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons







No comments:

Post a Comment