Monday 30 May 2016

29th, May; Sixth Form Is Over, And, Fashion Shows.

After many posts about my exams and updates on sixth form and how I`m absolutely terrified about leaving sixth form... It`s finally over! which means that I`ve got an extremely long summer ahead of me now, I hopefully wont get too bored along the way.
The three days that I had on my final piece seriously went quickly, I did get it all done in time though; but I still wasn`t happy with the final outcome.

It`s hard to believe that after two years, I`m going to be leaving very soon. Plus, year twelve seemed to go by so slowly and year thirteen has gone by quite quickly and it seems like we`ve had hardly any time to settle down properly in our new building. Another down side to leaving means that over the summer, I won`t be able to scan any work in or produce any form of prints over the holidays (I`ll be able to when I`m at University). Also, I won`t see Denise again! She`s an amazing woman who`s looked after me and David these past two years, she`s been like a second mother two us both and she`s now left since the school is making a lot of people redundant again.
if anything, it`s going to be a weird and long wait until results day, which is when Derby University will contact me to tell me if I`m definitely in or not. Then a short wait till I start University in September.
We also managed to sort out David`s accommodation, he`ll be staying at Sir. Peter Hilton Court which is only ten minutes away from the Markeaton street campus that we`ll be based at for the next three years or so. Hopefully it`ll be good news for both of us on results day, and we can get David to move on with his life and live a little bit... Finally!

A couple of us ended the year off nicely aswell by heading off to Nottingham Trents degree fashion show. It was amazing!
It was my first Fashion degree Fashion show since I didn`t go to any of them last year after being quite busy with my first set of exams at sixth form.
If your on Instagram, then enter #ntucatwalk and you`ll be able to find tons of videos and pictures from the Fashion catwalk and the knitwear catwalk which was just the night before. But check out their Instagram and you`ll find some amazing pictures!
Unfortunately, I haven`t got that many pictures from the night as There was a huggeeee pillar in the way so every time the models came to the front of the runway I couldn`t see the two models on the end. So that was a tad bit annoying, but then again, we got free popcorn on our seats and it tasted amazinggggg. I want to say that the Static show wasn`t as good as the run way, the outfits seemed a lot more commercial rather than contemporary and daring... kind of like, they played it too safe.
Afterwards, we went for drinks with our teachers and the head of textiles at Nottingham Trent, turns out she`s best friends with the head of art out our sixth form. The more you know!

If anything, It`s going to be quite strange not being at sixth form now; and if anything, I think I`m going to miss it there. It feels weird thinking that I`m 18, and I`m just moving on with life... But then again it doesn`t feel like I`m growing up at all, I just feel like I`m going with the flow of things and I`m still not quite sure as to what I`m doing right now. It`s just like, I don`t feel like an adult at all, and that I`m just trying to be an adult instead.

I`ve got a full week off of work and sixth form aswell, then Next Monday I`ve got to go back, hand in all of course work and sign off of my course for good. But seeing as there is going to be no art technician for the whole school now, I`m going to be helping with the big clear up... Once we leave, the block that we moved into won`t be used anymore, which means that everything is going to have to be cleared out as soon as possible; and hopefully, I`ll be able to help the care takers with it all. Most of the old work is going into storage I think, but shifting it all is going to be hard work for just the caretakers. It`ll only be a few days a week as I`ll be working and picking up shifts at the weekend.

Also, my student finance application has been approved, and I`ll only be able to spend £62 a week, and then I`ve got my part time job which will be getting me £170 a month. It`s going to be quite hard to budget myself, and to make sure that I`m going to have enough money to keep me going whilst at University.
I definitely feel like I`m going to struggle quite a bit with my money, not with the budgeting, but just with how much money I`ll have coming in. I hope I can afford all of my equipment and glass whilst I`m there, or perhaps the University will give me some extra help with that... I have no idea.
I am looking forward to the whole University experience, but I`m slightly worried about the whole money thing now. I can hopefully sort it out after a month or so of being at University, when I`ve experienced being there and I`ve got a good idea as to what I should be spending my money on.

God, I`m so worried now.

Also, keep on checking the art blog for an update on my final piece work!
Damn gurll

Live Diary Blog:   http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/

Art Blog:   http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews:   http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad:   https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:   https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Redbbble:   http://www.redbubble.com/people/amywatkinson
Deviantart:    https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram:   amy_marshy_melons




No comments:

Post a Comment