Friday 12 February 2016

12th, February; Busy Times.

When this selfie was taken, I must of already fallen
asleep on the coach three times. I got up at 5am for this!
So then, if you saw my blog post at the beginning of the week, then you`ll most probably know that it`s been pretty hectic and I now luckily get a week off from it all... Or so I thought.

Monday was basically a day for sorting out bits and bobs for my newest project, since we`re two weeks in now and I needed to be just a little bit more productive, I have got plenty of different kinds of drawings on the go, photography work, artist research and soon I`m going to get some work done that`s been inspired by artists I`m researching, which is going to be quite fun and quite challenging. So during the week off, I`m going to be spending a lot of time drawings and designing little things for my newest project and trying to design things that will go with these artists I have, to keep up with all of that, follow the link to my art blog  at the bottom of this post.

The Tuesday was the biggest joke of all time! We where supposed to be going to London, we left the school 20 minutes late, we all ready for this exhibition at the tate modern... and we never even made it to London. We where about half way there and it had already taken us 5 hours, we where still another two hours away from London and the traffic was really building up. A coach had broken down, and there had been two major accidents with two fatalities. So, our trip to London was us basically sat on a big fancy coach for 8 hours. It was a bit of a joke, and luckily, nobody hated each other by the end of the day. I was quite looking forward to this exhibition, because last time I really wasn`t impressed with the tate or the national portrait gallery; but these one seemed a bit more interesting and a bit more enjoyable than the one before. We`ve managed to schedule another trip down to London for the 23rd of February instead, so you`ll see another update about London around about then.

David, my lovely other half, then had his first university interview on Wednesday and I tagged along since he would of just ended up going by himself and probably being nervous as hell. I ended up sitting in the café at derby universities Markeaton street Campus for about two hours and a half. David seemed seriously happy with the interview and, by the sounds of it, it went really well. he`s got another one next Wednesday which I`m also going to and this one will be for Illustration at Derby University, the one that he`s just completed was Fine Art. You never know, we could end up on the same course!

Thursday was a lot more relaxed, and today was just basically gathering all of our work from the last project so it`s ready for marking, and then getting everything ready to bring home for this project. I`ve bought quite a bit home actually, I didn`t mean to obviously! I`ve also borrowed a hot glue gun so I can get some 3D pieces done whilst I`m off, I`ve got my sketchbook, plenty of paper and then all of my other sketchbooks that are burrowed away underneath my bed that will eventually need some tender love and designs.

Another, kind of exciting thing that`s happening... I`m having a complete make-over, yeah. not quite looking forward to it to be honest with everyone, the coloured hair is going, my eyebrows are going to be plucked for the first time and I`m going to have a hair cut for the first time in ages. That might sound weird to everyone else, but I seriously haven`t had a hair cut in the past year or so... there is a valid reason for it though! When I was in Senior school, my mum made me have the same short hair style for about 4 years, so I`ve been growing it out since because I`ve never actually had long hair. I`m having a proper fringe put in, it`s going to be dyed light brown and then underneath there`s going to be a few layers of silver so it`s easily hidden.
The main reason being for all of this, is that I cannot get another job with my brightly coloured hair and, unfortunately, my hair is dying and snapping off ridiculously easily because of the amount of dye I end up using to keep the colour. I`ve been pink for over a year and a half, and I`ve been purple for a while now.

Bye bye purple hair!
At least I can say that I had the guts to do it!


Live Diary Blog: http://melonheadamy-livediaryblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Art Blog: http://melonheadamy-artblogging.blogspot.co.uk/
Anime Reviews: http://melonheadamy-animereviews.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/melonheadamy
Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/AmyWatkinson
Live Hereos:
https://liveheroes.com/en/brand/melonhead-amy
Deviantart: https://amywatkinson.deviantart.com/
Instagram: amy_marshy_melons



No comments:

Post a Comment